He was once one of our first players picked in defence, then in the forward line. This year, the ever durable Brett Deledio, missed the first handful of games but has really turned it on recently, after two warm-up games.
Games Played: 8
Season Average: 98.5
3 Round Average: 102
5 Round Average: 102
Selected In: 7.5% of sides
- Recent form is better than his average suggests. While his season average is a reasonable 98.5, Deledio’s two lowest scores (89 & 64) came in his first two games, which I suppose we could consider a warm-up. Since then, he’s only had two scores below 100 (91 & 97) and has averaged 105.8 from 6 games.
- He has the consistent form. Lids has averaged 101 or higher each season for the past eight seasons and I cannot see this year being any different. He is only 29 years old and has proved he can score points in defence, the midfield or up forward.
- He’s got solid numbers across the stats sheet. While he’s not particularly dominating in any stats category, Lids is averaging (per game) a tidy 22.9 disposals, 5.5 marks, 3.8 tackles, 2.9 inside-50s, 0.8 goal assists and 1 goal. He has only dropped below 20 disposals once, but has slotted three goals on two occassions and his Round 8 34 disposal/8 mark game shows that he can still accumulate the pill.
- Probably not the best point of difference forward at the moment. Nick Riewoldt has had an excellent season and is only in around 3% of sides. However, Deledio is usually very popular, so seeing him in only 7.5% of sides when he is in decent form is a rarity. Plus, I’ve already given Roo a write up for 2016.
- Deledio is a straight forward. In years gone by, Deledio has had DPP – he’s been a DEF/MID and a FWD/MID. This year he is a straight up forward, but with Montagna, Zorko, Barlow, Wells, etc… having DPP, it shouldn’t matter too much in 2016!
There’s not a lot going against Deledio at the moment. He’s shown over a six week period that he’s still got it! His breakeven isn’t particularly low, but with Barlow missing 3-4 weeks and people wanting to trade out Hall and Kerridge, it’s a perfect time to bring in Lids. He’s a yes for me this week.