Round 8 is the final round of the regular season in BBL Fantasy and is your last chance to secure a top 4 spot before the finals start. This round the Stars have the double so they will feature heavily as captaincy options meanwhile the Hurricanes have the bye so trade them out for Stars players if you can. You can be as aggressive as you want with your trades this week because starting next week we have unlimited trades for the rest of the competition more specifically the finals.
1. Luke Wright – Ever since that 100 against the Renegades in the Melbourne Derby it’s almost been like he’s been able to get out of first gear and has followed that performance up with more good performances opening alongside Marcus Stoinis. Last double game round he scored 127 which isn’t even as big as the score he got against the Renegades in the first Derby this season which was 129. That proves how much scoring potential he has and with John Hastings away with the ODI team he may even sneak in a bowl just like Marcus Stoinis has been able to.
2. Kevin Pietersen – Despite scoring only 1 in the first game of the double last round he rebounded strong in the second game to end up with 88 in total. KP will be a big part of the Stars push for a home semi final and I expect him to do well against a weak Heat bowling attack at the MCG tonight. If you recall to the very first round when the Stars had the double he scored 126 in that round that proves how much he can score but because in both those double games he’s had a bad one in each that just keeps him away from the #1 spot.
3. Peter Handscomb – Handscomb will be the only wicket-keeper with a double game this round so if you can get him you just have to especially with his low ownership of only 7%. At 70K he will be a straight swap for Jimmy Peirson if anyone still has him and despite the original thought of Triffitt coming in to keep and him being purely a specialist batsmen that hasn’t been the case as he took the gloves last round and ended up scoring 102 which is an awesome score from a wicket-keeper. He’s an awesome POD option if your looking to jump the rankings and aren’t afraid to take the risk.
4. Marcus Stoinis – Stoinis despite being disappointing with the bat has made up with some awesome perfomances with the ball which almost single-handedly saved his score a couple rounds ago. If your looking for another POD captain you would want to look at Stoinis because he is opening the batting and might bowl even more in John Hastings absence.
5. Joe Burns – Burns is off some hot test form and followed it up with a score of 72 for the round in the latest BBL Fantasy round. Burns will be facing a depleted Stars bowling attack and if you didn’t pick him up last round for only 29K you can still pick him up for only 37K which is absolute gold for someone in good form just back from international duty.
Honourable Mentions: Usman Khawaja, David Willey, Chris Lynn, Shane Watson