A really quick write-up here because I forgot about the double header and early start.
1. Dan Christian – He’s been great with the bat all tournament in a shaky Hurricanes batting order and has also been superb out in the field taking quite a few catches. He had a poor week last week and will be looking to bounce back strong. A great choice as captain as he will bat and bowl
2. Kumar Sangakkara – The Hurricanes marquee signing has been disappointing so far in the tournament with only decent scores with the bat. I think he’ll do well in at least one of the games this round and will try lead the Hurricanes to the finals especially with them in the middle of the pack between a lot of teams fighting for 3rd and 4th
3. Tim Paine – His last few games with the bat have been disappointing but before that he was absolutely smoking hot and was timing the ball incredibly. In a T20 Tournament most batsmen will generally have 1-2 bad games it’s just the way it is and with those bad games out of his system I expect him to do really well this round and you can mark him down for a few catches or stumpings while he keeps.
4. Ben Dunk – He’s looked to have been getting back into form bar a stupid run out with George Bailey last week. At his price he is a lock this week for your wicket-keeper position if you can’t afford Paine and if he finally goes big which I wouldn’t be surprised if he does expect it to be a massive score.
5. Jacques Kallis – He’s had a few down games with the bat but I expect him to bounce back strong in a must win clash against the Renegades who also despite their Melbourne Derby loss still have a sliver of hope left if they can win their last two games. It’s about time Kallis bounces back and he is a good option for captain if one of your loophole options fails.
Honourable Mentions: Andre Russell, Chris Lynn, Michael Klinger, Jason Behrendorff, Usman Khawaja, Adam Voges, Joe Burns