A very late and quick Captain’s Corner today. Sorry I didn’t get it up last week guys all my relatives were here so it was a bit difficult.
1. Michael Klinger – The Scorchers stand in captain has been in superb form in BBL|05 continuing his great domestic form. I don’t see it changing against the Strikers and he is someone you can confidently back in as captain this week.
2. Chris Lynn – The new Heat captain has been the only one firing with the bat for the Heat and scored a massive 100 a couple of rounds ago and even that wasn’t enough. I think Lynn will do well again this week but I sort of have a feeling the pressure on him to fire is going to get to him soon.
3. Aaron Finch – Finch was great for owners who picked him in Round 4 for his DGW scoring 136. He’s been in much better form this BBL and has been leading the way at the top for the Renegades. With the Renegades weak bowling line-up, he’s also getting a few overs in which adds the chance of a wicket.
4. David Willey – He was absolutely superb with the ball last night and made up for a disappointing first game in the DGW to finish with 96. I expect the Strikers to struggle with him just like they did in the Scorchers first game and for him to once again have great bowling figures.
5. Shaun Marsh – In both games last DGW he did not look like getting out at all and scored a whopping 167 points the most last round. With him in this good form I would strongly suggest backing him in if you have him, if not just hope he has a few bad ones so he comes down in price so you can pick him up.
My Round 5 Smokie: Ben Dunk – At only $43,200 I feel he’s going to come good this round ahead of his DGW in Round 7. I for one and jumping on him over Paine because he is so cheap and even though Paine is in amazing form I feel his opening partner will soon be as well.