The Captain’s Corner is back once again this season to help all you BBL Fantasy fans pick the right captain each round. Just wanted to also say I hope all you SCHQ fans had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a happy new year.
This round the Renegades have the bye and Heat have the double so try to bring in Heat players as they will boost your score and help you climb the rankings. The Renegades also have the double next round so if you have bench cover you might want to try not to trade them. Anyways on to the top 5 captaincy options for round 3.
- Chris Lynn – The Heat’s new captain started the season on fire against the Renegades blasting 35 off 25 balls. He had a disappointing second round but I think Lynn will bounce back strong and he could produce a massive score this round. Out of all the captaincy options for the Heat Lynn is probably your safest bet.
- Ben Cutting – Coming in at a close second is Ben Cutting. Cutting has scored well so far this season and he looks like a fantastic option for the Heat’s DGW. Cutting is probably the Heat’s best bowler in a weak attack and if he can slog a few runs in the lower order along with a strike rate bonus Cutting could easily rack up 40-60 points in a game which would add up to about 80-120 in both games. Cutting is a riskier option than Lynn but he has a potential greater output than Lynn.
- Michael Klinger – The Scorchers are taking on a weak Brisbane bowling attack this round at The Furnace which could allow Klinger to dominate. With four of the Scorchers players out with test duty, they’ll look for Klinger to lead the way. If you’re looking to jump the rankings and get ahead of the pack Klinger might be the one to pick for you as people might look past him for Brisbane DGW players.
- Lendl Simmons – Simmons hasn’t set the world on fire so far for the Heat but he might step up when they need it most this round. The Heat desperately need a win otherwise they will struggle to make the finals and Simmons will need to fire at the top for that to happen. If you’re looking for a DGW captaincy option from left field Simmons is the guy for you. An alternative for Simmons though could be Jimmy Peirson who’ll open alongside him and has a chance of some catches or stumping’s behind the stumps.
- David Willey – A real smokie option for this round is the English left arm swinger from the Scorchers. Willey might possibly open the batting now that Shaun Marsh is away just like he did in the practice matches. Along with that he bowled a great four overs in his opening match and was really making the ball swing and as we know all-rounders are good options to choose as captain.
Honourable Mentions – Jimmy Peirson, Nathan Reardon, George Bailey, Kumar Sangakkara, Jason Behrendorff, Shane Watson